The Tuition Reimbursement Plan provides eligible employees with the opportunity to obtain, maintain, or improve their professional capabilities through participation in courses of study at accredited colleges and universities, and at accredited organizations specializing in job and career-related training.
- Submit a Tuition Reimbursement Plan application BEFORE registering for courses.
- Submit a Tuition Reimbursement Plan funds request after completing courses.
- All Tuition Reimbursement Plan forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual limits are as follows:
- Career-related degree program - $5250
- Job-related degree program - $10000
- Certificate program - $3000
- Additional training - $5250
Programs are assessed based on the job description.
To expedite the approval process please provide a complete Form 15-15A, copy of current job description, and program information.
When requesting reimbursement please submit Tuition Reimbursement Plan - Funds Request - Form 15-15B, proof of successful completion of the course or program, and receipt of payment.
Reimbursement can take up to 4-6 weeks.
All forms must be signed by the employee and their direct supervisors. For courses leading to graduate or doctoral degrees a department manager or division chair signature is also required.
No. As stated in PM 15-15 Tuition Reimbursement Plan, section 5, "In order to be eligible for reimbursement, an employee must first obtain the supervisor's approval for the program prior to enrollment. The employee's supervisor must review and certify that the program for which the employee is applying meets the specified criteria. Following certification by the employee's supervisor, the proposed course(s) must be assessed and approved in advance by Human Resources."