Voluntary Benefits Special Enrollment
New Voluntary Benefits for Added Protection and Peace of Mind
Benefits are designed to offer you and your family programs and resources to help you stay healthy and protected. Several new voluntary benefits are being made available to provide you even more protection and resources at discounted rates.
Voluntary Benefits Program Overview
Caltech is offering access to several new voluntary benefits for an added layer of financial protection and peace of mind for eligible employees. By offering these new benefits, you will receive:
- Cost savings: Coverage is available at discounted group rates.
- Convenience: Premiums are paid through after-tax payroll deductions.
- Guaranteed issue: Coverage is automatically approved with no medical questions during this Special Enrollment Period, or if you enroll later, such as at Open Enrollment or due to a qualified life event. Benefits are not payable for a covered loss, accident or date of diagnosis that occurs prior to the coverage effective date.
- Portability: If you separate from the Institute, you can continue coverage on a direct-bill basis with the carriers.
Who is eligible?
Benefit-based Campus and JPL employees with paid assignments can participate in Caltech's voluntary benefits. You may also enroll your spouse or registered domestic partner and eligible child(ren) up to age 26. Child(ren) age 26 and over who are incapable of self-support because of a physical or mental disability are also eligible.
How to enroll?
Campus Employees: Go to https://mybenefits.caltech.edu or click on MyBenefits in access.caltech.edu.
JPL Employees: Go to JPL Space and select Workday
Join Us at a Voluntary Benefits Webinar
Mark your calendar and join us at an upcoming voluntary benefits webinar. We will review the new voluntary benefits including coverage, cost and how to enroll. These sessions will be recorded and made available for those that are unable to attend at the scheduled times.
- Session 1: May 02, 2022 Click here to save and review the webinar.
- Session 2: May 11, 2022 Click here to save and review the webinar.