Caltech Recruiting's Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
"Diversity is integral to the values and success of Caltech; it is not an add-on. Universities are in the essential business of attracting the most original, creative, and compelling scholars and creating an environment of unflinching inquiry and challenge. These aspects of academic eminence require faculty, students, and staff from a wide range of backgrounds and with diverse perspectives."
- Thomas F. Rosenbaum, President, Caltech, Sonja and William Davidow Presidential Chair and Professor of Physics
Increasing and Promoting Inclusive Hiring Practices
Caltech Recruiting is dedicated to attracting, hiring, and retaining exceptional individuals from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. We believe that building and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture with varied perspectives will empower our employees to achieve their personal best while advancing the Institute's mission.
We invite you to follow us on Meet Caltech to meet some of the new employees we've recently welcomed to campus.
Some of the ways in which we show our commitment:
- Recognized by Forbes as one of the best employers for diversity
- Caltech Diversity and Inclusion Team Ambassador
- Trained in Unconscious Bias Awareness
- Trained as Safe Zone Allies for LGBTQ+ support
- Facilitate ongoing trainings on Interview Best Practices for Hiring Managers
- Participate in diversity career fairs
- Advertise open positions on a variety of sites to promote a large and diverse applicant pool
- Partner with local community colleges
Cultivating Diversity and Inclusion in Our Workplace
Employee Training Opportunities
Caltech's institutional policies are designed to support and promote diversity in every level of the Institute's student, faculty, researcher, and staff populations. Learn more about our policies here.