For this information in Spanish click here.
2021 is Caltech's employee training year for the prevention of unlawful harassment. California law requires all non-supervisory employees to fulfill a minimum of one hour of training in the prevention of harassment every two years. If you are required to take this training, you will receive a system-generated email to your @caltech.edu email address with additional instructions as well as browser recommendations.
The law requires 100% training compliance and the deadline to complete training is July 31, 2021.
Some things that are relevant to the training:
- Training is only available online
- Training will only be administered through MyLearn on access.caltech.edu or via the MyLearn direct link at https://caltech.learn.taleo.net
- Training is available in Spanish
- System-generated emails will be sent to employees each week the training is not completed.
- Your supervisor will be included in the system-generated emails the final week of July if you have not completed the training.
Before the Training
- Log into MyLearn. If you don't have your access.caltech username and password reach out to IMSS to get them.
- Download Mozilla Firefox. This is the preferred browser for the training. If you already have Firefox on your work computer then you can skip this step.
- Allow 3rd party cookies and pop-ups.
- Schedule time to do the training.If you do not have regular access to a computer work with your supervisor to get access during the training period.
- If you have already taken the training this year (2021) at Caltech please send your certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Started: July 1
- Open the training in MyLearn.Test that you can open the training then leave the training and make sure your place is bookmarked.
- To view the training in Spanish.You will need to change the setting in the training. Here is how to do it.
Progressing Through the Training: July 1–July 31
Go through a few slides and exit the training. Re-open the training to check if your progress was properly bookmarked. If not, double check that you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop-ups. If your progress still does not bookmark contact EverFi technical support.
Required versus optional reading.The California regulations state a minimum of one hour of training must be provided. Choosing the optional reading will increase your time in the training.