MEDICAL, MENTAL HEALTH, AND PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
Our Student Health Insurance Plan covers care you may need beyond what our Student Wellness Services can provide. For example, if you become seriously ill or injured, your insurance will help you pay for hospitalization and specialist care.
Designed specifically for Caltech students, the plan covers all types of medical and mental health care — routine, urgent and emergency — while you are on campus, at home, and even traveling abroad. You can receive care from the best local doctors near campus as well as a large national network of top-quality doctors.
How the Plan Works
The Student Health Insurance Plan is provided through Anthem Student Advantage.
- Doctors: You may receive care from any doctor or hospital. But the Plan pays more — and you pay less — when you use ASA PPO Providers.
- Routine Office Visits: When you go to a ASA doctor for a routine office visit, you pay a $15 copay. Any extra care, such as lab work or x-rays, is subject to the plan's deductible and coinsurance.
- Prescription Drugs: When you use ASA pharmacies, you will be charged the lesser of the drug cost or set flat copays. To access the Prescription Drug List visit the ASA website to ensure you are referencing the most current version.
- Other Covered Services: You first pay a $250 annual deductible (per person). Then the Plan pays 80% when you use providers in ASA's PPO network.
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum: Once your costs reach the $1,000 annual out-of-pocket maximum, the Plan pays 100% for eligible services for the rest of the policy year.
- Telehealth: With our Telehealth benefit, available through LiveHealth Online, you can connect with a U.S. Board-certified doctor 24/7, 365 days a year via your phone, tablet, or computer, usually within an hour. You can use the Telehealth service at no cost to you if you are enrolled in the Caltech Student Medical Plan (otherwise, you can use the service for a fee). Register today so you'll be all set to use Telehealth when you need it.
Be sure to set up your ASA Account to access your ID card and online services.
For assistance with your Anthem plan, feel free to reach out to Caltech's Anthem Concierge
Download the Sydney App using the links below so you can easily access your ID card and information about your coverage at any time.
For Additional Information
- 2022-23 Student Medical: How it Works
- 2022-23 Anthem Medical Brochure
- Reproductive Services FAQs
- Certificate of Coverage
- Caltech Anthem Concierge
Or call ASA at (833) 332-0797.
Leaving Caltech? Learn about your options for continuing coverage.
Going overseas? Learn about your medical coverage while traveling abroad.