ENROLLING IN OR WAIVING CALTECH COVERAGE
Each summer, eligible students must choose to enroll in or waive the Student Health Insurance Plan and the Student Dental Insurance Plan. Even if you're a returning student (and even if you currently waive), you must make new choices for the upcoming academic year.
As you consider your options, keep in mind:
- You may waive Medical only if you have other insurance that meets Caltech's waiver requirements. (If you are studying abroad you must meet additional requirements to study abroad which are listed here.)
- You may waive Dental if you have other dental insurance. There are no other specific requirements.
- Student Wellness Services is always available to you, even if you waive Caltech medical coverage.
- You may waive Health (if you meet the waiver requirements) but enroll in Dental — and vice versa.
- You may also enroll your eligible dependents.
- If you don't make a choice by the deadline, you'll automatically be enrolled in the Caltech insurance for the entire academic year. The applicable costs will be charged to your bursar's account.
- You cannot waive unless you experience a special enrollment event (e.g., marriage or birth).
- You may only enroll or waive within 31 days of a special enrollment event (e.g., marriage or birth).
Leaving Caltech? Learn about your options for continuing coverage.